Junior Telecommunications Regulatory Analysts (w/m)
The Telecommunications Regulatory Analyst will hold a technical and business development role within KLEO and involved primarily in matters pertaining to spectrum optimization, utilization, and licensing. The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking engineering and administrative support the company’s global licensing and coordination activities with ITU, FCC, and other local government regulators; analysis, monitoring, and mini project management as part of the responsibilities below. They will have a role as an interface, between Engineering and Business Development teams and international technical partners, to ensure that service delivery fulfill company and design objectives respectively.
- Support the preparation of accurate and timely regulatory filings in all jurisdictions where KLEO plans for service and operations. Involves gathering, compiling and formatting supporting data from various sources to complete filing.
- Support preparation of responses to regulatory communications, enforcement actions, other government inquiries and consultations.
- Draft of complex regulatory documents.
- Support technical and regulatory studies (through calculation and / or simulations) to prepare relevant documentation to support activities at national and international frequency coordination meetings.
- Work with data bases of information related to spectrum and telecommunication regulations in support of markets access/licensing/commercial functions.
- Assist with the implementation and review of regulatory surcharges. Develop budgets to capture individual and ongoing operational expenses.
- Support market access and licensing activities globally.
- Support all the necessary activities in the domain of regulatory, legal and policy change; ensuring compliance with national and international telecom and spectrum regulations and processes.
- Track regional regulatory developments and provide relevant strategic recommendations in support of ongoing business development interests.
- Work with other members of the Engineering and Business Development teams, to drive strategy and determine practical actions on spectrum management activities around the globe related to the company, and ensures that appropriate actions are taken to support company internal and external spectrum activities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, engineering preferred, and regulatory experience in satellite spectrum matters.
- 1 to 3 years of combined experience, in a national government or in the private sector, and with knowledge on global telecommunication technology and technical regulations and standards.
- Experience in working with foreign government officials and regulators.
- Knowledge of regulated and non-regulated activities within the telecommunications industry.
- Experience related to international (ITU) regulations for telecommunications and licensing activities, and processes for driving necessary regulatory changes or ensuring compliance.
- Experience with FCC, CITEL and / or other national and international bodies related to satellite and spectrum management areas.
- Experience with the CEPT and ETSI processes in the development of ECC Decisions, Report and Standards.
- Analytical ability required to review and analyze information and data to recommend policies, procedures and formulate any required actions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Coordination of cross-functional teams including engineering, legal, finance, and business to solve issues and achieve results.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, and strives for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Demonstrated persuasive argument and advocacy skills, balancing these with the art of negotiation, compromise, and sound judgment.
- Fluency in English, other languages (particularly German or Chinese) considered an asset.
- Willingness to travel overseas.
- Challenging job with a high degree of responsibility and creativity
- Productive start-up work environment with flat hierarchies and flexible working hours
- Attractive salary related to skills and experience, and a permanent position
- Modern work environment
If you are interested in joining our team and being a part of innovating our incredible systems and services, please send us your full application with a cover letter specifically indicating your areas of interest.
You can submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take note of the attached Data Protection Policy, in particular regarding the provision of special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your application can only be taken into account with the signed privacy statement.