Communications System Engineer (w/m)
(RF Antennae & Phased-Array Specialist)
The Communications Systems Engineer will hold a technical role within KLEO, based in the Berlin office, and involved primarily in advanced communications systems architecting and design. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the company’s activities for both space- and ground-based antenna systems requirements and specifications development, and coordinate with our prime satellite manufacturer and other strategic partners on all R&D efforts. They will actively interface between Engineering and Business Development teams and international technical partners to ensure that the system design fulfills the company’s service delivery objectives respectively.
- Lead the development of requirements and specifications for satellite antennae and user terminals
- Drive system interface definition for space and ground systems
- Manage working groups, consisting of internal and external partners, to establish the baseline standards in signal protocols and networking approaches
- Support development teams on implementation of the baseline network and signal protocols and approaches
- Support communication payload system reviews
- Support customer-driven systems trades analysis and execution of change management activities
- Coordinate with strategic partners for R&D of user terminals
- Manage the coordination of prototype user terminal tests with in-orbit demo satellites
- Design and implementation of control systems, operational software, and toolkits to monitor and enhance operational efficiency
- Breakdown antenna and phased-array projects into tasks that can be supported by junior communication engineers
- Mentor junior communication engineers in advanced antenna systems to provide added redundancy for team expertise
- Use of advanced operational engineering tools within satellite and communications systems, including RF and digital communications Provide technical consultancy services to Business Development to support sales, pre-sales, and application development
- Maintain awareness of technology trends and assist in the development of new products and services and be able to outline their architectural implementation and support trials
Skills and Qualifications
- Require advanced degree in a related field (i.e. Electrical, Computer or Systems Engineering)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in satellite communications systems engineering with specific knowledge in antenna and phased-array design and manufacturing
- Practical knowledge and experience in communications and networking standards and protocols
- Practical knowledge of systems engineering and manufacturing practices
- Confidence in working directly with potential customers, suppliers and subcontractors
- Experience developing systems documentation, requirements, test plans and procedures, and operational procedures
- Ability to work independently and effectively, co-coordinating tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong analytical and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communications and inter-personal skills (written and verbal)
- Fluency in English, other languages (particularly German or Chinese) considered an asset
- Willingness to travel overseas.
- Practical experience in the commissioning and testing of satellite systems.
- Business awareness and acumen
- Solid programming/software engineering skills with good knowledge of MATLAB, Visual Basic, python and Java programming environments
- Challenging job with a high degree of responsibility and creativity
- Productive start-up work environment with flat hierarchies and flexible working hours
- Attractive salary related to skills and experience, and a permanent position
- Modern work environment
If you are interested in joining our team and being a part of innovating our incredible systems and services, please send us your full application with a cover letter specifically indicating your areas of interest.
You can submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take note of the attached Data Protection Policy, in particular regarding the provision of special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your application can only be taken into account with the signed privacy statement.