Software Platform Architect (w/m/d)
The Software Platform Architect will hold a technical role within KLEO, based in the Berlin office, and involved in defining a global software platform architecture. The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing the risks and identifying industry solutions and best practices. They will actively interface between Engineering, Corporate, and Commercial teams and international technical partners to ensure that the system design and processes fulfills the company’s service delivery objectives to safeguard Customer’s data respectively.
- Define a cohesive high-availability architecture of multiple operational platform frameworks for spacecraft control, constellation management, network control, customer management, and customer solutions.
- Build and manage a streamlined team of software developers to clearly define the requirements for each platform and define a development plan consisting of in-house and external solutions.
- Map out data flows and interfaces between multiple operational platforms.
- Coordinate the platform development teams to work with satellite, communication and networking engineers, commercial teams, and solution engineers to extract requirements.
- Build and manage teams of software developers to implement in-house solutions for the platforms, including testing, validation, integration, and customization of validated external solutions.
- Structure and implement an approach for development.
- Coordinate development between individual platform development teams to ensure cohesiveness of the operational systems.
- Manage third-party developments of external software solutions and services to be incorporated into the KLEO architecture.
- Support the development of customer solutions, with focus on security-related issues. Oversee the test and validation of customer solutions.
- Manage the roll-out operational platforms, and coordinate with operational departments to maintain operational services.
- Identify key industry leading security technologies and practices to incorporate into the KLEO architecture; and, support the development of strategic partnerships.
- Support the development of on-ground operations infrastructure to ensure best security practices are implemented.
- Maintain awareness of technology trends and standards. Assist in the development of new products and services needed within the KLEO system.
- Provide technical consultancy services to the Commercial team to support sales, pre-sales, and application development.
- Mentor other engineers and developers in the platform systems and practices to provide added redundancy for team expertise.
Skills and Qualifications
- Require advanced degree in a related field (i.e. Computer or Systems Engineering) or demonstrated relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in field with knowledge in hardware and software solutions.
- Practical knowledge and experience in communications and networking standards and protocols.
- Practical knowledge of systems engineering.
- Solid programming/software engineering skills.
- Confidence in working directly with potential customers, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Experience developing systems documentation, requirements, test plans and procedures, and operational procedures.
- Ability to work independently and effectively, co-coordinating tasks and responsibilities.
- Business awareness and acumen.
- Strong analytical and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communications and inter-personal skills (written and verbal).- Fluency in English, other languages (particularly German and Chinese) considered an asset
- Willingness to travel overseas
- Challenging job with a high degree of responsibility and creativity
- Productive start-up work environment with flat hierarchies and flexible working hours
- Attractive salary related to skills and experience, and a permanent position
- Modern work environment
If you are interested in joining our team and being a part of innovating our incredible systems and services, please send us your full application with a cover letter specifically indicating your areas of interest.
You can submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with our “Information on data protection regarding the processing of personal data in application procedures".
Please take note of the attached Data Protection Policy, in particular regarding the provision of special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).