Digital Security Specialist (w/m/d)
The Digital Security Specialist will hold a technical role within KLEO, based in the Berlin office, and involved in assessing security risks for network and operational infrastructure. The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing the risks and identifying industry solutions and best practices. They will actively interface between Engineering, Corporate, and Commercial teams and international technical partners to ensure that the system design and processes fulfills the company’s service delivery objectives to safeguard Customer’s data respectively.
- Support the network architecture development and Flexible Digital Payload System design to ensure best practices are implemented to minimize or eliminate cyber threats
- Identify key industry leading security technologies and practices to incorporate into the KLEO architecture; and, support the development of strategic partnerships
- Manage third-party developments of security related services to be incorporated into the KLEO architecture
- Support the interface definition for space and ground communication systems (i.e., encryption standards for the transmission protocols)
- Evaluate potential security risks in user terminal designs from strategic partners, and work with partners to develop appropriate solutions
- Support the development of on-ground operations infrastructure to ensure best security practices are implemented
- Maintain awareness of technology trends and standards; and, assist in the development of new products and services needed within the KLEO system
- Provide technical consultancy services to the Commercial team to support sales, pre-sales, and application development
- Support the development of customer solutions, with focus on security-related issues
- Mentor other engineers in security systems and practices to provide added redundancy for team expertise.
Skills and Qualifications
- Require advanced degree in a related field (i.e. Electrical, Computer or Systems Engineering)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in security field with knowledge in hardware, software, and procedurals solutions
- Practical knowledge and experience in communications and networking standards and protocols;
- Practical knowledge of systems engineering
- Confidence in working directly with potential customers, suppliers and subcontractors
- Experience developing systems documentation, requirements, test plans and procedures, and operational procedures
- Ability to work independently and effectively, co-coordinating tasks and responsibilities
- Strong analytical and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communications and inter-personal skills (written and verbal)- Fluency in English, other languages (particularly German or Chinese) considered an asset
- Willingness to travel overseas-
- Business awareness and acumen
- Solid programming/software engineering skills
- Challenging job with a high degree of responsibility and creativity
- Productive start-up work environment with flat hierarchies and flexible working hours
- Attractive salary related to skills and experience, and a permanent position
- Modern work environment
If you are interested in joining our team and being a part of innovating our incredible systems and services, please send us your full application with a cover letter specifically indicating your areas of interest.
You can submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take note of the attached Data Protection Policy, in particular regarding the provision of special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your application can only be taken into account with the signed privacy statement.