Aerospace System Engineer (w/m/d)
The Aerospace Systems Engineers will hold supporting technical roles within KLEO, involved primarily in advanced systems architecting and design of the space and ground segments of the communication infrastructure and services. The successful candidates will be responsible for systems engineering tasks to support the company’s operational and pre-sales activities; analysis, monitoring, and mini project management as part of the responsibilities below. They will actively interface between other Engineering, Regulatory and Commercial teams, as well as, external international technical partners to ensure that the system design fulfills the company’s service delivery objectives respectively.
- Support mission and system requirement definition and R&D activities for space and ground systems, network and signal protocols and approaches
- Use of advanced operational engineering tools for the development of satellite and communications systems, including RF and digital communications
- Development of specifications for operational needs and procurement of adequate design and analysis toolkits for modelling and simulation of end-to-end system performance
- Depending on experience and aptitude, support engineering activities in one or more of the following areas:
Ground Segment Engineering:
- Designing new operation systems / equipment
- Developing routine operations procedures and toolsets
- User Terminal design / development
Space Segment Engineering:
- Define subsystem specifications and support change management processes as new customer requirements emerge
- Support R&D activities for Communications Payload systems; including SDRs, Digital Payload, and optical intersatellite links
- Support interfacing and R&D activities for all satellite subsystems
- System modelling and validation
- Coordination with satellite prime manufacturers
- Design and implementation of control systems, operational software, and toolkits to monitor and enhance operational efficiency
- Signal performance maintenance, incident management and troubleshooting
- Preparation of operations documentation
- Participation in routine operations
- Develop scenarios for possible failure modes, determine likely anomalous behaviors and develop operational procedures to mitigate or minimize impact of operational anomalies.
- Support development and implementation of test plans for customer demos
- Support systems level analyses for customer-driven systems trades analysis
- Support working groups, consisting of internal and external partners, to develop the baseline standards in signal protocols and networking approaches
Skills and Qualifications
- Require advanced degree in a related field (i.e. Electrical, Aerospace, Mechanical or Systems Engineering);
- Minimum 2 years of experience in satellite systems engineering or operations, with expertise and experience in one or more of the key spacecraft systems: Thermal, Structures, Power, Propulsion, Flight Dynamics, Communications, On-board Command and Control, specialized payloads, and Ground TT&C systems.
- Strong practical knowledge of systems engineering practices
- Confidence in working directly with potential customers, suppliers and subcontractors
- Experience developing systems documentation, requirements definition, test plans and procedures, and operational procedures
- Ability to work independently and effectively, co-coordinating tasks and responsibilities
- Strong analytical and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communications and inter-personal skills (written and verbal)
- Fluency in English, other languages (particularly German or Chinese) considered an asset
- Willingness to travel overseas-
- Experience with structural and/or thermal satellite systems
- Business awareness and acumen
- Programming/software engineering skills with good knowledge of MATLAB, Visual Basic, python and Java programming environments
- Challenging job with a high degree of responsibility and creativity
- Productive start-up work environment with flat hierarchies and flexible working hours
- Attractive salary related to skills and experience, and a permanent position
- Modern work environment
If you are interested in joining our team and being a part of innovating our incredible systems and services, please send us your full application with a cover letter specifically indicating your areas of interest.
You can submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take note of the attached Data Protection Policy, in particular regarding the provision of special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your application can only be taken into account with the signed privacy statement.